Masthead Development (on screen)

Here is my experimentation with typefaces on screen for my masthead...




Further Development...

To make the fonts I liked my own I developed them by editing certain parts to fit with what I want for my masthead.

 After experimenting with the masthead on the left I decided that it wouldn't work as my masthead because it looks unfinished and messy so I won't be taking it any further with my development.
The masthead on the right is something I really like as it has a lot of detailed and artistic elements that would work well for my artistic fashions magazine. I experimented with the stroke but I think it works best in its basic form as I would like to add my own fill to the text any way.

I really like this basic sans-serif font as it allows me to customise it according to the content of the issue. For example my issue will be about coloured fur so I have made the exclamation point look like fur, which acts as the 'i' in SEIZE) I think this masthead would give me a good basic type to apply my design to.

This is a more traditional approach to a masthead because of its serif and grid like form - I think the thick strokes allow it to give a big impact against a busy cover. I would like to apply my own fill to masthead so that it becomes more unique and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment